Sunday, October 5, 2008

University

Hey all,
Sorry I haven't written in awhile I've been ridiculously busy. My classes started on last Monday and I've been doing work for them since then. Yeah whoever said it was going to be so easy and the classes were a breeze that was crap. They are so hard I've been reading so many books and not the ones that are assigned just ones so I know what the teacher is talking about in my classes. The problem is that two of my four classes are based just on British history. Well the classes are truly interesting but all the stuff our professors are talking about are all things that a student who has lived in the UK all there life would know as I would know more stuff about american history. So I have to read a ton extra because just the discussions in class are based on all this history that I don't have the specifics about. I know about the rose war I just don't know all the players in it and knowing that is a must. Oh well I'm learning something new and at least I like reading!! My classes though are really interesting thank god because all my classes are 3 HOURS LONG!! I have never had to sit still that long in my life. In case I didn't tell you what classes I'm taking this year and you have no idea about what I'm talking about I am taking a British history class from 1488-1688, then I'm taking a Social history of the Victorians which is really interesting. Then a class about the society culture and politics of the first world war, and the last one is a Varieties of Fascism class. They all truly are really interesting. I just wanted to update you all but I should probably go because I have to write a paper for tomorrow and read a massive amount of books before I can do so. So I will sign off and try to keep you more updated on life in general. Hope your all doing good!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds challenging but I'm glad your studying hard! It must be interesting learning the American perspective on history, and then the British version. Study hard and I'm proud of you!

Scarecrowcp said...

yeah reading is a bitch, I have pages coming out my ears at this point. At least it sounds like you are having fun and worse comes to worse you can always go down to the pub for a drink after a hard night hitting the books. I am so glad you are enjoying your classes, I can't wait to come and see you!!!!!! I second Saad's sentiments: study hard and we are all proud of you!